Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Who knew?

...Hello independence...

* * * 
" Independence is happiness" - Susan B. Anthony

Independence Day.  July 4th

A day celebrating the anniversary of our nation's independence.

Thinking about the upcoming holiday made me realize how lucky I am & how independent I've become in my 28 years (...I can thank You Tube "How-Tos" for a lot of it). 

Example A.

The best way to cut a watermelon (because I've been doing it all wrong!)

The 4th of July would not be complete without some watermelon.   I always struggled when trying to figure out the best way to cut a watermelon where I can enjoy it & still look like a lady while eating it.

Being the only human in my house (& the pups can't talk, how helpful, right?) I went to You Tube to find my answer.  Click the link above to see  my new way of producing the perfect slice for the holiday weekend!

Give me a salt shaker and a big napkin.... and I could probably eat the whole tray in one sitting.
* * * 
Who knew?!  You're welcome! 


Surfaces can make all the difference in a photo. This painted wood was perfect to punch up the color of these limes and give a Caribbean feel.
* * * 
However, that got me thinking.  What else am I cutting all wrong?

Apparently a lot.  I found this link that had a run through of 10 foods I have been cutting the wrong way.  These clever tips & tricks will not only save you time, but will change the way you cut your foods forever.  Amazing! 
"I didn't always know what I wanted to do, but I knew the kind of woman I wanted to be." 
* * * 
...oh DVF, you're spectacular!... 

Independence: a fabulous quality to have! 

The more you approve of your own decisions in life, the less approval you need from everyone else.  I always say take me as I am, or watch me as I go.   

...be fearless, independent & original honey!

xo
-W

No comments:

Post a Comment