Saturday, January 23, 2016

My Kitchen is Made for Dancing

My favorite thing to do on a snow day?
 
* * *
... dance in the kitchen...
 
One way to my heart.  Throw on some tunes & dance like no one is watching.  Perfect thing to do on a snow day!
 
Day 2 of being cooped up. 
 
* * *

So we brunched it up in casa de Morris.  On the menu?  Buttermilk pancakes, eggs, & fruit.  very simple.  For my birthday this year my best sent me a food basket from Southern Season filled with Southern goodies! Thank you thank you LME, xoxo!
 
*SIDENOTE: grits were involved but there was a little mishap in the kitchen...
 
- - Pancakes - -
 Atkinson's Pancake mix & h2o.  I cut the recipe in 1/2 so we wouldn't waste any of that goodness.  Throw that on medium heat, wait for the bubbles (take a sip of your bubbly), flip, 30-45 seconds and bam.
 
* * *

- - Eggs - -
 
* * *
4 eggs, a dash of liquid smoke (my best kept secret!), milk, s&p - as soon as you plate the eggs, sprinkle some cheese on top.  I chose creamy Havarti for this meal.... melted just perfectly!

 
* * *

To feel a little sophisticated I poured the syrup in a fancy duck dish, took the butter out of the container and let it get to room temp.  Best way to get spreadable butter.  If it is taking a hot minute to get to the right temp, put it near your stove while cooking.  Heat helps!
 
* * *
While at a dinner party this summer the host had individual salt & pepper shakers for each guest.  I loved! So after searching for ones that deserved to come home with me, I finally found some at Tuesday Morning.    Just a little something to make your guest feel special.
 
So, if you are cooped up like us, go fix breakfast!  Good thing about breakfast is that it can be eaten no matter the time of day.  
 
Happy snow/ice day from Maggie, Louise & myself!!
 
* * *
xo
-W


1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious, Weldon! You are your mother's daughter....Laney always loved her breakfast! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete