Sunday, August 7, 2016

2017: So Far.

 ... Resolution ...
 
* * *
Normally, yes, people already have their resolutions in order by January 1st. 

January 1st?  I was re-living the perfect New Year's Eve in Cape Cod while feeling fresh in the Boston airport... trying to figure out what mine was going to be.

Image may contain: table and indoor
* * *
Pure elegance at the Cape
 
A little less wine?  Psh, yeah right...
Dedicate a little more time to the blog? I will try this!
The whole join a gym/work out resolution?  Hmmmm.
Read more books? 
 
(I was really thinking I can't wait to nap on that plane...)
 
... this is starting to become brutal...

The Trendy Sparrow: Record Player Nook featuring a hand painted globe from NewlyScripted:
* * *
Wheels up!  Less than a week later, I was jetting off to Florida to spend a week with some of our leaders from around the world.  There goes my dedication on trying to figure out a single resolution, it's back to work!

I have a job I love.  Really love. That week in Florida I discovered a whole new side of confidence in myself after a fabulous event with some of our top key players.  Our global leadership team has amazing and inspiring individuals that had me wanting to explore more about international business. 

Ah ha! Here we go....

Resolution #1: Expand my international business etiquette & knowledge (Let's just say I went in for a hug goodbye with the wrong person...)

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling
* * *
 I told myself that my early 30s are going to be the times that I say "Yes, why not!" 

And so far I have & it has already been a  fabulous 2017 and it's not even February yet!  I've crossed paths with strangers who have become friends and been to places I've never been before.   I'm single.  I can live out of a suitcase if I choose to!

Every year I go somewhere I've never been before! Sitting on the beach in Vietnam we decided, we would swim in every ocean, we would see the 7 wonders of the world, we would explore the beauty of the world we live in. Every year we go somewhere we have never been before, we decided to start at home, surfing in Tofino, visiting the BC Hot Springs, hiking in the Rocky Mountains, experiencing the Calgary Stampede, Carnival in Toronto and dinner in Montreal.
* * *
1. I've checked visiting Boston off my bucket list
2. Visited a city I've never been to with some of the craziest of friends (Austin, TX
&  
3. have already tried several new restaurants & hot spots (for me at least) in Charlotte

Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling, indoor
* * *
Sitting in the Austin airport after a long weekend, I was actually feeling much better than I was in Boston.   I kept going over the weekend and the memories and laughs shared with good friends and even strangers who became new friends... so,
 
Resolution #2: Do something different & meet a new person, once a month (at least try, maybe every other month...)

I'm starting to get on a role with these resolutions!
 
My dating and work life could definitely  benefit from this resolution!  It will be fun keeping things new and fresh and discovering new happiness in things.   Next up on the agenda, Workman's FriendI've been wanting to try this Plaza Midwood sport for awhile now! 
 
I'll let you know how it goes, stay tuned.
 
So, who said we can only have one resolution dedicated to one aspect of our lives?  No one.  It took a month, but I've figured out.  My resolution (s)?  This year I've decided I'm going to be the woman who decided to go for it, because I'm addicted to that feeling of having my shit together.  Looking forward to a fabulous year together!!
 
* * * 
... organize your week, make some goals, & stay focused...
 
xo
-W
 
Like porch & palette on Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment