Sunday, June 5, 2016

Best Seat in the House

... a good chair is hard to find...

* * *
Craigslist: $15 for both

For some, a leather recliner or rocking chair is the perfect seat in the house.  For me, I have a few favorites & they aren't recliners, or leather.

So, I might have a slight addiction to random chairs.  But I just can't help myself when I see beauty in someone else's trash.  From Craigslist, to Goodwill, to family hand-me-downs, there is a seat in almost every room in my house that I love to sit & just enjoy the moments.

Craigslist


* * *
Rattan chairs have always drawn my eye towards them.  Just something about their look collaborates with almost any style.  Their charm just screams, come sit & stay awhile.  These I found on Craigslist with every intention on painting a bright bold color, SO glad I kept them in their original form.


Goodwill, Good Find.

These next three chairs were Goodwill finds.  The most I paid for one?
$10... & don't ask why did I thought that was expensive...

* * *
I've been spoiled with my luck at Goodwill finding chairs with good bones, good structure, & fabulous condition.  This one in particular has been in a bathroom, the foyer, the guest bedroom, and has finally found a home in the hallway.  It is quaint and the perfect fit (& not in the way!)

LOVING the soft, feminine feel.

* * *
Goodwill: $5

Hot spot on the porch. 

My next find has also had several different spots in the house: front porch, bar, office... and then I realized I needed more seating on the screen porch. Done.  Home sweet home for this wooden fold up chair.  It's only downfall?  There weren't two. Maybe next time! 

* * *
Goodwill: $10 (most expensive!)

"Bones"
Alright.  It is a problem when you start naming your chairs. We will deal with my addiction later!

"Bones" was $5.  There isn't much that you can buy for five bucks that gives you this much joy.  The original nails and bindings that are holding this chair together are one of a kind.  Yes, there are scratches, but the vintage feel makes it that much more of an interesting piece in my collection! 

* * *
Goodwill: $5
* * *
Keeping it in the Family

This one is special, so it resides in my bedroom.  It use to reside in the bedroom I stay in at my grandmother's in South Carolina.  After a long day, there is something calming about just sitting & having a glass of wine in this rocking chair. It's special. 

* * *
Family piece: priceless

I say, just because a chair is standing alone, it doesn't mean "don't buy me".   Each room in a house deserves a place to rest your behind. You never know when you might just need to sit. Keep your eyes open, it will amaze you the places you will find these beauties!

My favorite?

* * *
For me, the best seat in the house is swinging on the front porch, with the  pups.  But this one is the runner up!
Duh.  It is on the porch... 

...oh the stories that these chairs could tell...

xo
-W

No comments:

Post a Comment