Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Dear Stress, let's break up.


- Tuesday - 
...one day down, 4 to go...

* * * 
My Rent the Runway dress was a success! 

Yesterday was a multiple cups of coffee kind of day.  Today, round two!

Just recently I read this article: "10 Steps to Becoming the Woman You've Always Wanted to Be", and was inspired to live the life I want.

What are those steps you ask?
  1. Accept that nothing's impossible
  2. Looks may open doors, but brains & personality take you across the threshold
  3. Learn to say no
  4. Become your own best friend
  5. Be able to trust & rely on yourself
  6. Address insecurities
  7. Treat your body like a temple, not for looks, but for health
  8. Become more comfortable with taking risks
  9. Find your voice
  10. Be willing to work hard. 

Number 7
* * * 
So last week I challenged myself to spruce up my daily wardrobe with something bold & beautiful.  This week, in prep for my upcoming beach trip this weekend ( watch out Wilmington!)  I've challenged myself to complete what I like to call my "Wake-Up Call" each morning. 

If I can do it, you can do it:

  • 80 jumping jacks 
  • 15 bicycle crunches
  • 10 push ups
  • 10 calf raises
  • 40 second plank
Some advice: Remove dogs, they think it is a game... 

In other preparation: 

This month's Our State magazine came in the mail this weekend (JUST in time!) & while skimming the pages (& indulging in fresh juicy peaches!) came across a fun cute chic little restaurant/bar that according to Wendy Brenner is heaven-sent.  manna serves American cuisine and will certainly be added to our itinerary!   

* * * 

On that note, happy exercising! 

...be the reason someone smiles today... 
xo
-W

Make sure to LIKE porch & palette on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment