Thursday, June 11, 2015

Never come empty handed: Beach Prepping



 ...Thursday... 

* * * 
I can already smell the salt in the air & feel the sand between my toes... 

This weekend in Wilmington will be a long over due reunion & belated birthday celebration for two of my favorite friends (MUCH needed!).  This week I have been working on "beach prepping" by: 
  • Completing my Wake-Up call challenge (see blog post "Dear Stress, let's break up) each morning (whew, one more day to go!  Is anyone else's rear feeling it?)
  • Creating the perfect hostess/birthday gift
  • Making sure my hands feel & look spectacular (thank you Carson Cogdill!)
  • & picking up some weekend necessities 

No one has ever become poor by giving.  I love giving someone a gift that makes them feel special.  My sweet friend Amanda and her husband are opening their doors for me this weekend.  So, as a thank you (and late b-day gift, my bad!) I put together a little something that both will enjoy (probably more so Amanda than her husband)

Pictured above is what I've put together for the Hagwoods.  I thought about things that would make it unique for them.  So, here is what I created:
  1. Decorative Crab Dish (found at Homegoods) & Snyder's Pretzel bites (my fav: honey mustard & onion)
  2. Cocktail napkins & Flirty Bird wine
  3. Porch decor (hand painted by your's truly just for them, they enjoy their porch just as much as I do...  and this is why we are friends! )
Just tie is all together with a dish towel and done & done.

Never come empty handed...   especially if there are men in the house.

* * * 
So, I was trying to be a good guest for the Hagwoods and was going to bring down a breakfast casserole, but life got in the way & I ran out of time.  Whoops!

Back up plan: Ladyfingers signature shaved country ham rolls.  TO DIE FOR.  You can find them (& much more deliciousness!) at  Reid's Fine Foods here in Charlotte.  In the Fort Mill area?  Good news, they have a store there too! 

When I say these are to die for, that is an understatement.  A very special lady introduced me to these and now my parents request that I pick some up every time I come home.   I guess that's my ticket in!

This is the perfect pick to take with you when you're going to be a house guest (or to a party!)  Just pop them in the oven for 25 minutes, put them on a pretty plate & you're good to go! 
* * * 
Now that the gift is set & the breakfast is done it is time to focus on yourself.  My mother always says be on your best behavior wherever you go because you just never know who you might meet..

You also just never know who's hand you might shake...


* * *
"To be a lady no. 160: shake hands firmly & confidently." - 
Want me?: I'm Here.

... so always be prepared!

This past week I have been using these BeautyCounter hand products (soap & lotion) that my dear friend @truegraceoils sent to me from SC.  The citrus smell is so fresh and just feels like Summertime!  I can't tell you how amazing my hands look & feel just after one week.  So, you should try it out yourself!

She has me hooked.


As a little girl, I can distinctly remember looking at my mother's hands and thinking how beautiful they were.  When asked to be a hand model for a brochure, she chickened out.  Oh mother! 

Maybe I'll send her some hand cream in case the opportunity arises again... 
...keep calm & let karma finish it...
xo
-W

Happy 30th birthday to my dear friend Elisabeth Murray!!

No comments:

Post a Comment