Tuesday, June 2, 2015

stay CLASSY & FABULOUS: Stylin' Tables

...Oh Tuesday... 

* * * 
"Always find time for the things that make you feel happy to be alive" -  Anonymous 

OK, so I have a confession.

I'm a tad obsessed with "my spot" on my porch ( & I like my Eggo pretty plain and simple).  Whatever, let go my Eggo!  I always find pleasure and bliss when I've made someone feel special while at my house and have made a promise to myself to do the same for me.  Therefore, I will always set the table no matter the meal.  

Honey, its OK to be selfish sometimes... 

A girl should be two things: classy & fabulous (thank you Coco Chanel) so why can't a table be the same?

* * * 
...hello, love! 

Recently I have focused my attention on table makeovers!   There is so much of who I am and my decorating style in the picture above... homemade furniture (one of my favs made by your's truly & Dad!), a pop of color, pictures that display some favorite memories, baskets, fresh flowers, coffee table books, & linen cocktail napkins.

And you want to know the best part?  You can have beauty on a budget!

* * * 
Go ahead, call it clutter, but I prefer decorative clutter.  My behind the couch table is a piece that called my childhood bedroom home.  When I took it off my parent's hands, I spruced it up with a pop of color (when in doubt, go with red!) and added a touch of "clutter" that makes my heart happy.  If you are in the market for some good finds, below are some of my secret spots where I've found some of my favorite decor. 

                                       Flea Market FindsThe Sleepy Poet
                                              Coffee table books: Ollies
                                KnickKnacks: Homegoods/Marshalls/TJMaxx
                                     Affordable Indoor Plants: Walmart




* * * 
...no one puts baby in a corner... 

Even the smallest table deserves some love!  Yes, this is an old telephone wire spool I've turned into a  bedside table (thank you North State Telephone!) in my guest bedroom. They always say, one man's trash is another man's treasure (no I do not dumpster dive).  Another confession: I'm secretly in love with the photo that came with the frame, so it stayed.  Forget the rules, if you like it, use it!

In other news, the porch is calling & I must go.  Who's with me?!

...you're dashing darling!
xo
-W

No comments:

Post a Comment