Friday, June 19, 2015

Summer Shindigs with a side of Summer Salads

First and foremost:
Happy (early) Father's Day to all Dads out there!

* * * 
"My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me." - Jim Valvano

Dad: a daughter's first love.

I want to thank my Dad for teaching me the dance of life.  I am FOR SURE a Daddy's little girl, and will be forever.  I may have outgrown his lap, but I will never outgrow his heart. Dad, I love you to the moon & back! 

* * * 
Summer Shindigs, with a side of Summer Salads

It is hot here.  Too hot to cook.  

So, I'm going to throw together a recipe for a cool Summer shindig.

Pick out 3 to 4 of your favorite salads (some recommendations below!), a refreshing summer beverage, spread them all out on a table & Voilà!  Just grab some gals (because men prefer meat & potatoes) & there you have it, a Summer Shindig.

blended-grapefruit-limeade-summer-drink-recipe
* * * 

* * * 
Secret fruit salad:
 Mix together your favorite fresh fruits & add my secret ingredientDry, instant vanilla pudding mix. Just sprinkle it over the fruit & stir for an extra flavor punch!

* * * 

* * * 

Food done.  Drink done. Dessert done.

Please set the table. (For some reason I can still hear my Mother's voice telling me that)

I found the picture below on Pinterest when trying to find inspiration for my next dinner party and LOVED how simple but elegant this table looked.  Nothing fancy, but you still get that polished, delicate feel.

Everything you Need you already have:

  • Plates
  • Silverware
  • Napkins
  • Glass
  • Tea candles 
  • Flowers (try Trader Joe's)

Simple Evening: Northport Farmhouse  |  The Fresh Exchange
* * * 
 There is nothing more relaxing than having dinner by candle light on the porch.  I've lined my porch with white lights (stock up on after Christmas sales!!) and tied clear mason jars from my table umbrella for extra light once the sun sets.  PERFECT evening setting for a Summer Shindig!  Who's coming?

Cheers to the weekend & happy dinning! 

...keep shining beautiful one, this world needs your light... 
xo
-W

My prayers and thoughts are with those who were touched by the tragic shooting in Charleston
*

Looking for something to do in Charlotte this weekend? 

No comments:

Post a Comment