Friday, June 5, 2015

My bags are packed, I'm ready to go!

Friday called.
She's on her way & she's bringing wine! 

* * * 
There's just one legitimate synonym for Friday: boom shakalaka!

* * * 

Today wraps up Day 5 of my outfit challenge (see blog post "...so I like accessorizing...") & I will brainstorm this weekend for a new challenge next week.  Today  my scarf is paired with white skinny pants, silk pale pink blouse (both from Forever21.com!), & nude pumps (6pm.com). Since there wasn't a bright piece in the pic, I threw in my coffee mug!  And being from the South, a touch of monogram is normally incorporated. 

Big weekend plans?  Happy packing! 


* * *
...Pinterest inspired, puppy approved... 

The first step is admitting it.

I am known to be an over-packer for sure (just ask anyone that knows me!) so the past couple of trips I've tried to slim down the pickins'.  To do this, I venture to "My Closet" on Pinterest and find outfits that speak to me.  Once you find appropriate outfits for whatever road-trip you are taking, jump in your closet to find items that mimic the outfit. Also... limit your "options".  Focus on one outfit for each event & stick with it (trust me, I KNOW, this is hard... but whoever is carrying your bags will thank you!!)  

Do you need the perfect travel companion?  I found mine on stella & dot. Such cute styles & colors!  The best part?  You don't lose your luggage & it stands out in the crowd (just like you should darlin'!)

SIDE NOTEYes I was/sometimes still am an over-packer, BUT everyone always needed something and guess who had it... 

* * * 
... meet  my fur babies: Louise & Maggie... 

My co-pilots for this weekend's trip? My pooches.  It's safe to say, if you can't find me, I'm probably on the porch.  And this weekend it is one of my favorites!  Safe travels my friends.

... coffee, you're on the bench.  Wine, suit up!... 

xo
-W

I am on the search for your idea of the perfect porch or special spot in your house.  Interested in sharing?  Shoot me an email at porchandpalette@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment