Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Bringing the Coast Home

... happy W.W...
(aka: wine Wednesday)

* * * 
"Never let the sadness of your past & the fear of your future ruin the happiness of your present" - Kushandwi

First things first.

Overwhelmed with happiness! Such joy! & a Happy Heart!  I have been receiving the sweetest messages from you all and some from people who happened to stumble across my blog on Facebook and don't even know me.  Thank you!!  It is a sense of encouragement & reassurance that porch & palette was a step in the right direction.  I am in the right place, at the right time, doing the right thing.  I want to thank  you for your part in my journey

Every piece of the puzzle is starting to fit...

Ok, moving on

Count down to my Wilmington Weekend: 3 days.

* * * 

Whisk together a piece of the coast, herbs from your garden, and thisishappiness (you should take a look!) blog's weekly style challenge & you have a recipe for the perfect Summer supper.

On the menu: 

  • Crab cakes & shrimp (w/ homemade remoulade & cocktail sauce for dipping!)
    • Side note:  keep it simple, I bought some already prepared
  • Herb (from my garden!) & feta sauteed cornThank you Pinterest
  • Asparagus w/ lemon pepper
  • Garnished w/ a slice of lemon & love
  • Topped off w/ a Sauvignon Blanc (although wine experts suggest a Chardonnay)
... unfortunately, I was too hungry and forgot to take a picture of the final product... 

#YourHomeStyle

* * * 

Small space?  No problem.

Just because my tiny house doesn't have an 'official' dining room, I didn't let that stop me from submitting my 'dining room' inspiration on this week's#‎YourHomeStyle‬ challenge. I find that living in a small space can be challenging, but I don't let that stop me on creating a spectacular dining experience in my 'dining room'. 

In honor of my weekend get away, last night's table setting was for a meal inspired by the coast (see above)! I find that stacking/layering dishes always makes a table look a little more elegant. Bon appetite!! 

* * * 
...Welcome to my office/dining room...

Day 3 of my "Wake up Call" workout challenge (see "Dear Stress, let's break up" blog post) is starting to kick in... hope your's is too! 

... I think it is time to be happy again... 
x0
-W

Need something encouraging to get you going?  this is pretty cool!







No comments:

Post a Comment