Thursday, June 18, 2015

porch & palette: in Wilmington


 - p & p's  FIRST featured porch - 

* * * 
Hagwood est. 2013
Lyle & Amanda.

This past weekend I had the pleasure to spend quality time on a porch built with love.  I've known this couple for years now.  Before the knew each other, when they met (on our porch on Wade Ave! Y'all can thank us later!), and now as one of my favorite married couples. It has been fun to watch their love grow!

From Raleigh to Wilmington, they carried their creativity & passion for redesign with them to their chic, welcoming, quaint beach B & B.


Before the transformation into  what I'm going to call the Hagwood Grand Oasis

When they bought the house, Lyle promised Amanda that they would make their concrete slab their own.  And with a little sweat, a lot of love & hard work (and cold beverages) the transformation happened.  I laugh, because when I ask where the ideas and vision came from their answer?  "Ah, we just threw it together!"

... my slab would not look like this if I "just thew it together" - they have such talent!
"The Spot"
Perfect spot to cozy up to your honey on this handmade love seat crafted by the hubby & painted by the wife

... I pulled up a chair and stayed for awhile... 

* * *
I think that is one of my favorite things about a porch, it brings people together.  The stories that we shared sitting in this spot brought back so many memories and laughs (& a lot of "oh my, what was I thinking!) from our days back in Raleigh (&  we created new ones!).  

It was so enjoyable listening to Amanda talk about how their porch went from A-Z.  One (of many) of my favorite things about this porch are all the uses of old pallets (my other favorite palette).  They "threw together" some old pallets and scrap wood from other projects and created an eccentric place on the porch.  From day to night the cheerful feeling does not stop here at the Hagwood Grand Oasis!  


* * * 
... the feeling was whimsical... 
* * * 

Life is about using the whole box of crayons &  I'm pretty sure the Hagwoods nailed it. Creativity is intelligence having fun (thank you Albert Einstein) and their ideas that became projects scream fun written all over them.  Every corner, from top to bottom, and across their backyard was touched and given so much character.  They made it their own.

God gave both Lyle and Amanda immense talent that is shining through on their porch.

Wooded cooler made by Lyle

The  tin sign was from his family's old barn that added that extra special "keeping it in the family" touch.  This is a great example of mixing old with new to create something unique & one of a kind!  Not to add,  a conversation starter!  The wooden sign was a gift I painted just for their porch (& for their weekend hospitality!)

* * * 
Sweet sweet Lillie 
(my Maggie's bff while in Raleigh!)

...Porches are not just for people, pooches are invited too...

 Addie, the adorable rescued pooch 
( the Hagwoods save dogs too, they are amazing people)

"Come sit on the porch with me. The drinks are cold & the friendships free"

* * * 
Not only are Lyle and Amanda an amazing couple (& fabulous weekend hosts!), they are such an inspiration in all areas of life.  From their love story to their Hagwood Grand Oasis redesign,  I've enjoyed being part of their once upon a time and happily ever after.  Can't wait to see what's in store for them next!

... cheers to my people 

a BIG thank you to the Hagwoods for letting me tell their story... 

xo
-W

porch & palette on Facebook

Interested in showing off your spot?  Shoot me an email, I'd love to come sit & chat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment