Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Conquer the Kitchen

 ...Ohhhh you're halfway there, oh oh!, you'll make it I swear....

* * * 
...the kitchen is the heart of the home...

My next favorite spot in a house, right after the porch, is the kitchen.

Just because I'm in a rental, it isn't stopping me for making the space my own.  Also, having a small kitchen forces me to be organized whether or not that is my forte.

Day two of getting your life organized: The kitchen.

Step one: Pantry (or cabinets) & Fridge

Toss everything that is cloudy, sticky, grimy, stale, etc.  & not just the stale cereal that you bought because you just knew you were going to kick start that diet and start eating breakfast... kick the Tupperware to the curb too!

* * * 
I keep cookbooks handy & on display for when I need help planning a meal &  to add a little dash of darling to the kitchen! 

Step two:

Keep supplies close: 
dishes near the sink/dishwasher & pots/pans/cooking utensils near the stove.

* * * 
"eat well, pray often, love always" - 

Keep a tiny dish near the sink for any hand jewels.  I KNOW there have been times when you've missed placed these after washing the dishes...  now, you will know exactly where they are!  

* * * 
   
Spice things up! 
I keep my spices near the stove as well.  It helps spice up an ordinary meal with just a quick pinch.  I find myself getting a little more creative with my dishes when the spices are near.  

I also keep a lemon handy too, you just never know when there might be a funky smell coming from the disposal.  Quick Fix: cut a lemon, throw it in, & you now have at fresh kitchen smell! 
* * * 
...season everything with love... 

I have found many of my delicious spices at Homegoods for half the price!  Stock up.  It's handy to have these on reserve and you never know what a recipe might call for.  
  
Group "like with like" : Coffee mugs, wine glasses, bowls, plates, etc. together neatly. I've placed baskets above my fridge to hide nick knacks & add a little decoration to the space.

* * * 
Now that your kitchen is organized.... 

Menu planning. 
Don't freak.  It can be simple & fun.  And, if you have already planned for the week, it is one less thing you have to worry about (being organized = less stress!).  Below is not only a cute & creative way to display what's on the menu, but also informs the rest of your household on what is coming down the pipeline!  Be creative, have themed nights to keep things interesting! 

 Are meal times a little hectic? Do you find it hard to get a meal on the table every night? I made this DIY Menu Board to help me get more organized with grocery shopping and to have meal plans for the week. mycreativedays.com
* * * 
The best thing about memories, are making them.  Some of my favorite memories were made in the kitchen. 

* * *
...Meals & Memories are made here...

 Take 15 minutes today and clean out the fridge... that's a good place to start!

... life is short, dance in the kitchen...
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment